I’ve been nominated for my first blog award. Also known as a chance to answer questions and then nominate others to do the same.
Here’s how it works:
1. Include this icon in your post
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you (Josey at My Cheap Version of Therapy)
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to answer 10 new questions
5. Tell the people that they’ve won
And on to the Q & A
If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
I’d want to be a Rockette for a day. I always loved dancing but was never great at it. I am however tall enough to be in the famous kickline, so that is something.
What do you like most about yourself?
This was the toughest for me to answer, but I’m going to go with how I don’t give up even when things get really hard. There have been a few things I’ve wanted to quit but haven’t and in the end it’s paid off.
What’s the last thing you read?
Um…as of answering this question it was a paper on Cooperative learning for my dissertation proposal (witch is what I should be doing now).
The last thing I read for fun was a re-read of Pride and Prejudice. Which is less embarrassing than the romance novel I previously finished as they are my guilty pleasure.
Do you believe in soul mates?
Not really. I think we choose who to love someone once a relationship moves beyond infatuation and then working at that relationship. Marriage isn’t easy but it’s worth it.
If you could go back in time to warn yourself that something was going to happen, would you?
I don’t think so. My past has shaped who I am today and knowing in advance something good or bad could change that. I’m happy with my life.
What state/area of the world do you live in? Have you always lived there? Are you happy there?
I live in NYC (currently in Queens) and have been here 8.5 years. It was a big change from where I grew up in rural Indiana but when I moved I said I would stick it out a year. At the end of a year I had a life and friends. By the end of year two I had met Rob. We are happy here. Although a little more home space would be nice.
Do you enjoy giving gifts at Christmas/Hanukkah or do you avoid it at all costs?
I love it so much. I have to work to restrain myself.
What country do you want to visit most & why?
Italy – I went in high school and want to go back now that I will appreciate it more. Also I want to take Rob who has never been & see all of the art. I think he would love it.
Really though there are so many places I’d like to visit.
What is your #1 goal for the next 5 years of your life?
Finish dissertation / PhD and find a job I love. Part-time that pays well would be amazing.
How did you find my blog? (if you remember)
Blog-hopping through blog rolls and comments in Aug/Sept 2010. From where exactly I have no idea. And yes I have been reading that long I just have a fear of comment leaving that I have worked very hard to get over.
I can only come up with four people who I know read my blog, who also have blogs, and who haven’t already been nominated.
Hannah @ Everything Sunny Always
Shelly @ The Cunningham Family in Bush Alaska
Stefanie @ The Blakely Boys
Shannon @ Heid-ing San Francisco (who doesn’t really blog anymore but should!!!)
- If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
- Do you wear socks to sleep?
- What’s your favorite book as a child and/or adult?
- What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
- What state/area of the world do you live in? Have you always lived there? Are you happy there?
- If you could live anywhere in the world for one year where would you choose?
- Best Christmas movie?
- When do you decorate for Christmas / or count the Christmas season as started?
- What is your #1 goal for the next 5 years of your life?
- What is your favorite blog; or what blog should I add to my blogroll stat?