*The beginning of the photo dump posts, as I am learning the downside to wanting to process and edit photos means a lag time to get things posted. And the loss of our networked file sharing (different OSs, hopefully we’ll fix that soon) means even longer transferring photos computer to computer. This is especially sad as Simon is changing and growing so rapidly right now. But in the interest of documentation I am starting with now – and going forward and backward at the same time.
So last weekend Dad, AKA, Papo (Pah-poe, rhymes with Rob-o, like what our friends sometimes called my dad) which is what we are calling him until Simon agrees or chooses something else, and Marilyn (moniker TBD) came to visit.
Simon had just started crawling long distances (meaning across a room without stopping). And this week he’s pulling to stand. They change fast.
I wanted to get some nice pictures, and wanted to use the camera remote that was a Christmas gift.
The remote has a learning curve. I finally figured out how to use the 2 second delay option.
We got a couple of good ones.
And a lot of out takes.
The characters: Baby (Simon), Rabbit (Theo), Dog 1 – my mom’s (Tellie)
– The obvious, like babies are needy and you can’t just leave them. Like pets.
– You can play “fetch” as entertainment. Or in the case of Zane the parrot and Simon dropping things, they play “fetch” with you. Either way.
– They ARE the entertainment when you laugh at the silly things they do.
– Simon likes to chew on shoes, so does Tellie.
– Simon likes to chew on shoelaces, so does Theo.
– Simon likes to crawl into the crevice that you would think he’d never fit into or the dark space like – under the couch or ottoman, so does Theo.
– Simon doesn’t do so well on the wood floor, neither does Theo – it’s too slippery.
– Somehow they all know how to find and chew on everything they shouldn’t have.
– Simon likes to practice his jump kicks (in the bouncer or being held) just like Theo.
– And the grossest of all…You know how dogs will lick up their own thow-up? Yeah, Simon does that too.
Outtakes: It’s so much harder to take pictures of a moving baby.
Who is all “OMG, let me have the camera and eat it or I will die.
He is interested in props.
If he can throw them. He’s getting very good at throwing these days.
But he’s sweet.
And then he’s off. See the mischief in his eyes.
Even checking to see what Dad is going to do.
|you can tell he’s been sick by the circles under the eyes
Holy Cow! I almost missed it. Yesterday someone asked me how old my baby was and I started to say “seven months next week” but it’s next week already! This month has been crazy with explosive development.
|but just look at those beautiful blue eyes
– TWO teeth (the bottom two): I feel lucky that the biting has thus far been limited to my hand or fingers.
– Crawling: First dragging by the arms, the army crawling, and just last night a few feet of a strange combo of hands and knees and an elephant/bear walk.
– Eating: Still not every day or every meal, but everything we offer he will eat. This month also brings about the first time we can go to a restaurant and Simon can SIT in a highchair and be entertained by eating his own food (crusts of bread) or dropping things on the floor. Nursing is his primary nutrition and will be for awhile. He’s getting better with bottles.
– Playing: Simon is getting to the age where he sees something he wants and goes after it. It is often the recycling basket or any cords we leave out. He also loves ripping and chewing on paper. Really, not all that different than the rabbit… I pulled out the stacking rings last week and he doesn’t know how to use them, but he is trying. He can get the rings off the tower and then uses them like a hammer to get them back on. It doesn’t work.
– Daycare: It’s awesome. Simon is taking a 2-3 hour nap most afternoons now. He’s eating 8 oz a day on average by bottle, which is great. Ideally I’d like to get up to 10-12, but we’ll see.
– Language: Simon is babbling lots now. He says mamama and bababa. But he’s started to mimic some where he will emphasize MAma MAma, it doesn’t mean anything yet but I like it.
I am loving loving loving this stage. This has easily been my favorite month. I miss Simon when I’m gone and and so happy I have four days a week with him.
|a little behind the scenes
kmbbmmb n jkbhjhjikl (a message from Simon)
Last spring Rob and I went to a Craft Fair in Brooklyn – don’t remember which one at the moment. We went to visit and support my friends at Goose Grease. I bought this bead kit, and finally took a picture of the finished project.
There are all kinds of nursing necklaces for sale. I like these because once I’m done with them, they can go in the toy box. I’m surprised at the number of compliments I get on this though when I wear them out. They are perfect for Simon to tug and chew on when I’m wearing or feeding him. Otherwise he likes to claw at my face and pull hair. I can wear my hair down!
I have a couple of other necklaces with big beads that I know Simon can’t break, but I kind of love these.