Indiana: a few more

I booked an 11:30 flight out because getting to the airport around 10 seemed doable. Getting there at 7 for a 9:30 flight did not. But then we decided a cab was worth it (I was by myself with them) and we did TSA-pre. And the part I never counted on is that Simon was SO excited to go to Me-maw’s yellow house that he got up and dressed and packed his bag with none of the usual shenanigan’s that he was ready like this for nearly 2 hours. Next time we’ll do the early flight.

He picks his own clothes.

At the airport.

Simon was a dream at the airport and on the plane. He ate his snacks and got to order his own apple juice. He watched a show on the ipad and even wore headphones for part of it. Caleb  mostly slept. At the end of the flight though we had some of the worst turbulence I’ve ever experienced. I honestly thought the oxygen masks might come down. People screamed. Lots of things fell. Simon did NOT like it and said he didn’t want to be scared. I told him it was just bumpy wind and I would keep him safe. I will say it is quite difficult to clean up your mess for proper storage when you have to use one arm for the baby and the big kid is hanging on the other one. But we made it and he was so so happy to land.

On the plane.

The first thing we did upon landing was take Simon for a haircut. It took him awhile to calm down, but he did ok.

Post hair cut.

That night after dinner we did an early birthday present so Simon could have his scooter. Then I went to LA. Simon had a great time with the grandparents. They rode scooters, and took the bikes out, they went to a Day Out With Thomas, and ate a LOT of ice cream. He had a great trip.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

When I got back we were go go go. We did pick up a bouncer for Caleb to have somewhere to put him down. And we spent a day with each of my cousins, Haley and Grant, who came over to play. We went to the pool, which is really a water park. I was so proud of Simon for jumping in and going UNDER. We got to spend a morning with Sara and Charlie and Kaitlyn. We spent a day at Lake Monroe on a boat. Simon was terrified. I later learned it was because he was sick with a fever of 101. So we got some Tylenol.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The sick boy flew home and the combination of not feeling well and the turbulence on our flight out made him clingy. But he slept on one of us for a bit of it and listened with his headphones for the rest. Caleb ate or slept. And we were home and DONE with travel for a few weeks. We were still overstretched in July, but also playing catch up. We’re getting there.

Related Post

One thought on “Indiana: a few more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *